Thankfully, this beautiful hospital tower still exists due to a change of use and it being grade II listed in November 1993.
The hospital was designed by William Martin & Martin and built by John Bowen & Sons of Birmingham for Birmingham Corporation as part of the City Lunatic Asylum. Most of Hollymoor hospital was completed by 1904, but the water tower was not completed until 1905. The hospital opened on the 16th of May 1905. The patients were relocated to Barnsley Hall Hospital during world war one, when it was used as a military hospital, to treat the wounded from France. The patients were returned in 1921. Hollymoor hospital closed in July 1994 and was mostly demolished in 1996.
The water tower now houses a dentist, a doctor's surgery and a pharmacy. It is located at O.S. Grid Ref. SP 00316 78498. Photograph by Andrew Clayton taken 26th June, 2005.